This is confusing

I have just read about noise sensitivity, which is often a part of ASC for many. A lot of people with noise sensitivity wear ear defenders or ear buds  to reduce the sounds. On the NHS website it’s says not to wear ear muffs or ear plugs.  Instead it says to expose yourself to the sounds. This contradicts everything that’s been known to help with noise sensitivity.  

Parents
  • I stop having panic attacks or whatever it is, when I wear the ear protection. There are some noises that I can’t tolerate but my little daughter makes them. I can’t play with her Lego Duplo blocks without earplugs and she screams quite much and talks a lot. The high pitch noises are unbearable for me. So I just chose to make it easier for myself and be able to interact normally with my little one. 

• I stop having panic attacks or whatever it is, when I wear the ear protection. There are some noises that I can’t tolerate but my little daughter makes them. I can’t play with her Lego Duplo blocks without earplugs and she screams quite much and talks a lot. The high pitch noises are unbearable for me. So I just chose to make it easier for myself and be able to interact normally with my little one. 

Children
No Data