I'm such a numpty! ;-)

I have no idea why, but somehow I had got it in my head last week that it was 'Holy Week' (the week leading up to Easter Sunday). I can remember that at the beginning of March, I had looked at my wall calendar. I had observed that Easter Sunday falls on the same date that the clocks change in the UK, which is always on the last Sunday in March. In my defence, I have chosen to blame my forgetfulness on my post-menopausal brain. Lol.

It has to be said that I do not consider myself to be a religious person, but I am aware that some religions consider Easter to be more important than Christmas. Therefore, I deemed it a sad state of affairs on Friday morning when I saw children on their way to school. I found myself thinking the UK must be more messed up than I had previously thought, if children were now having to attend school on 'Good Friday'.

On Saturday evening, I messaged a friend to wish them a 'Happy Easter, and had asked if they had stocked up on edible Easter treats. If they thought I had lost the plot, then they were too polite to say so when they replied the following morning.

Convinced that it was Easter Sunday on Sunday, I took great delight in eating a stash of Easter eggs... a whole week early!

It wasn't until last night that the penny dropped and I realised I had clearly got muddled, which I then found rather amusing. Oh well, I suppose I've now got a good excuse to stock up another stash of edible Easter goodies for next weekend. Stuck out tongue winking eye

Parents Reply Children
No Data