What is wrong with wanting to marry a man from a good family, with a good job and looks good too?

1. I told my colleagues this 

2. I fell out with this one guy and told him that the only reason he was gonna get girls was bc he was 1. tall and 2. his dad is rich 

3. Now everybody is making fun of me, telling me to stop bothering that one guy in an attempt to get my hands on his inheritance 

Parents
  • perfectly fine logic, rich people often get girls all around them chasing their wealth... looks though i dont think matters as you get alot of old or ugly rich people getting all the young girls.... girls only like money, thats what they go for. looks and age doesnt matter so much as money.

but this makes rich people stupid though. because why would you want a girl that only sees your wealth? it will be a terrible social structure and not a real relationship, the girl would be more like a enemy in my eyes rather than a friend or relationship... lower than basic acquaintance in my eyes if all they see in you is money.

• I must be the exception that proves the rule. I have money but nobody’s interested.

• I don't have money either and I don't want anyone interested.

I dont' get why wome are supposed to be attracted to rich men, most of them seem old and ugly? Does it work the other way around are poor men attracted to rich women?

• Watch 80’s soap Dynasty - gay Steven and his mother Alexis Colby, ex-husband of Blake Carrington 

• its likely always gonna be that way for most of us here anyway.
    if we make it that far, i reckon a high suicide rate for us peaks once we lose our parents and thus the only close loving social connection wed ever have had on this planet.

• I have known some very vain people who spend everything they have and borrow to the max to portray a wealthy appearance.

I think they call it leveraging - something very common amongst this group of "elites" where they find ways to risk other peoples money if it goes wrong but keep the profits it if goes well.

Trump is a classic case of this in his business dealings.

• My subjective experiences of such people is that it’s worth questioning if they are actually wealthy. I have known some very vain people who spend everything they have and borrow to the max to portray a wealthy appearance.

But they’re not rich at all, just vain and financially foolish.

• manage finance and easily see to a early retirement.... with a partner... goes for any side... with a partner, the partner will ruin your financial plans and make it impossible to save, impossible to retire

This may well be true but, speaking for myself, retirement alone is terrifying. Nobody will even know I exist. Nobody will be there to look after me when I need it. Nobody to spend those “golden years” with.

Financially I am absolutely set for retirement but I feel like life has been a big joke at my expense - work and save to achieve a fate I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

• manage finance and easily see to a early retirement.... with a partner... goes for any side... with a partner, the partner will ruin your financial plans and make it impossible to save, impossible to retire

This may well be true but, speaking for myself, retirement alone is terrifying. Nobody will even know I exist. Nobody will be there to look after me when I need it. Nobody to spend those “golden years” with.

Financially I am absolutely set for retirement but I feel like life has been a big joke at my expense - work and save to achieve a fate I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Children
  • its likely always gonna be that way for most of us here anyway.
    if we make it that far, i reckon a high suicide rate for us peaks once we lose our parents and thus the only close loving social connection wed ever have had on this planet.