Any book lovers out there?

What are you reading, what sort of books do you love and why?

I tend to read non fiction during the day and fiction at night. I've just finished a brilliant book called How the World Made the West, by Josephine Quinn, which shows how interconnected the world was and always has been and how its only been in the last couple of hundred years that Greek and Roman have come to dominate our cultural history. MNow I'm reading a book on The Pirates Code, about the actual laws of the sea and how pirates opperated.

Fir fiction I mostly read crime novels, not true crime though, I like my crime and detectives fictional. I think crime fiction appeals to me as the good guys usually win and I can understand the emotional context of the characters which I find hard in more mainstream fiction.

Parents
  • I tend to read non fiction as I struggles with many different characters and wondering who they are. I am reading a book on the rise and fall of council housing and one on British Rail. I am a keen newspaper reader as well. I have four bookshelves full of books and wish to buy more. I am lucky as I live near a great bookshop that attracts readers from all over the country so I can go and indulge myself when I have spare cash.

• I tend to read non fiction as I struggles with many different characters and wondering who they are. I am reading a book on the rise and fall of council housing and one on British Rail. I am a keen newspaper reader as well. I have four bookshelves full of books and wish to buy more. I am lucky as I live near a great bookshop that attracts readers from all over the country so I can go and indulge myself when I have spare cash.

Children