Any book lovers out there?

What are you reading, what sort of books do you love and why?

I tend to read non fiction during the day and fiction at night. I've just finished a brilliant book called How the World Made the West, by Josephine Quinn, which shows how interconnected the world was and always has been and how its only been in the last couple of hundred years that Greek and Roman have come to dominate our cultural history. MNow I'm reading a book on The Pirates Code, about the actual laws of the sea and how pirates opperated.

Fir fiction I mostly read crime novels, not true crime though, I like my crime and detectives fictional. I think crime fiction appeals to me as the good guys usually win and I can understand the emotional context of the characters which I find hard in more mainstream fiction.

Parents
  • I read lots of non-fiction, mostly related to my job, but also biographies, finance and science. I’m currently reading Secrets of the Autistic Millionaire, which was written by a retired Microsoft veteran who now has an entertaining YouTube channel which is mostly about his time in the early days of Microsoft but also occasionally about autism.

I also read rather a lot of science fiction, always have. I’m currently attempting to read one of the first science fiction collections ever written - the King in Yellow. It is trippy!

• I read lots of non-fiction, mostly related to my job, but also biographies, finance and science. I’m currently reading Secrets of the Autistic Millionaire, which was written by a retired Microsoft veteran who now has an entertaining YouTube channel which is mostly about his time in the early days of Microsoft but also occasionally about autism.

I also read rather a lot of science fiction, always have. I’m currently attempting to read one of the first science fiction collections ever written - the King in Yellow. It is trippy!

Children
No Data