Funerals

Grandad has passed away should an 8 year old autistic child go to the funeral? Hos do you explain a cremation?

Parents
  • I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. It's a tough decision whether to bring an 8-year-old autistic child to the funeral. It depends on the child's level of understanding and comfort with such events. If they do attend, it's important to prepare them beforehand and provide support throughout. As for explaining cremation, I'd keep it simple and age-appropriate, emphasizing that it's a way to say goodbye and that grandad's spirit lives on. On a personal note, I recently looked into direct cremation as a low-cost funeral options for a loved one. It's a practical choice that allows for a respectful farewell without added expenses. Take care.

• I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. It's a tough decision whether to bring an 8-year-old autistic child to the funeral. It depends on the child's level of understanding and comfort with such events. If they do attend, it's important to prepare them beforehand and provide support throughout. As for explaining cremation, I'd keep it simple and age-appropriate, emphasizing that it's a way to say goodbye and that grandad's spirit lives on. On a personal note, I recently looked into direct cremation as a low-cost funeral options for a loved one. It's a practical choice that allows for a respectful farewell without added expenses. Take care.

Children
No Data