Everyone’s good at something! What are you good at?

Being autistic when I do things I take a huge interest in the things I do and I've noticed that these things I usually become good at which is awesome. I'm a fast learner, is that to do with autism? Or maybe it's one of my quirks. Anywho....Some of the things I'm good at is

*art

*writing

*parenting - I hope lol

*poker - I'm not an addict promise 

*reciting the alphabet backwards.

*cooking

*voice acting

Everything else I'm not really that good at. 

Parents
  • I'm a software engineer too like a few listed here, so I am very good at that. I've found it interesting how others have said they are fast learners, I think I am too but never thought much about how or why before. I remember studying Computer Science at university and not understanding why many people there found it tricky when I actually found it quite simple to follow.

Other skills I think I have is that I can remember faces well. I'm utterly useless at remembering names (I will immediately forget a name when someone says it to me) but I will remember their face visually probably for years to come.

I can draw really well but I'm not creative enough to design something myself. What I can do though is look at a picture and copy it freehand so it looks the same.

Finally, I just really like helping people, I find it makes me feel useful and seems to be a good way for me to not feel lonely and meet people, it also really boosts my confidence and gives me a positive outlook. I can take it too far though and ignore my own needs, but generally I like helping others, especially mentoring.

• Finally, I just really like helping people, I find it makes me feel useful and seems to be a good way for me to not feel lonely and meet people, it also really boosts my confidence and gives me a positive outlook. I can take it too far though and ignore my own needs, but generally I like helping others, especially mentoring.

That’s a great one. That is where my empathy part comes in as I enjoy helping people. I think just being able to listen well is a skill. I’ve signed up for a free funded course through the Skills Network on understanding autism, you get a qualification after it also. I hope this might be a start of something for me in the future. I have always wanted to help others with their difficulties. 

• Finally, I just really like helping people, I find it makes me feel useful and seems to be a good way for me to not feel lonely and meet people, it also really boosts my confidence and gives me a positive outlook. I can take it too far though and ignore my own needs, but generally I like helping others, especially mentoring.

That’s a great one. That is where my empathy part comes in as I enjoy helping people. I think just being able to listen well is a skill. I’ve signed up for a free funded course through the Skills Network on understanding autism, you get a qualification after it also. I hope this might be a start of something for me in the future. I have always wanted to help others with their difficulties. 

Children
  • totally carp

Maybe you'd be good at fishing Fishing pole and fishFish I've never done it myself (I did go along with some others once but I never got invited again as they (and other fishermen (I didn't notice any women) said I was too loud and restless) Upside down

• I'm good at cooking

I attract animals, cats and dogs come up to me when I'm out,

I'm good at ancient and medieval history and I have a good memory

I tend to be either really good at stuff or totally carp, some days I wonder if theres any begining to my talents? lol.