Everyone’s good at something! What are you good at?

Being autistic when I do things I take a huge interest in the things I do and I've noticed that these things I usually become good at which is awesome. I'm a fast learner, is that to do with autism? Or maybe it's one of my quirks. Anywho....Some of the things I'm good at is

*art

*writing

*parenting - I hope lol

*poker - I'm not an addict promise 

*reciting the alphabet backwards.

*cooking

*voice acting

Everything else I'm not really that good at. 

Parents
  • I am rather good at word work and carpentry. Give me a bit of wood and a saw, perhaps a few bolts here and there, and I can make bird feeding tables, clocks, chairs and various bits and bobs such as that.

I learned it from my grandfather who worked in carpentry when I was a lad. My grandfather had his own carpentry shop. He lived upstairs with my grandmother and downstairs was the shop front and in the back garden next to the wooden shack where the toilet was situated was his workshop where he used all the different bits and bobs to make this that and t'other. I spent many a weekends and summers with my grandfather and would watch him for hours as he turned wood in to glorious items, which people would buy for quite the price in some cases.

I never worked in carpentry like my grandfather but it is something I do as a pastime, though not so much in latter years as the arthritis is affecting my fingers far more these days. Don't get old. It's a trap!

And the second thing I believe myself to be good at is making pies! Now, I am a terrible cook and baker; if you eat anything I make that isn't a pie then your digestion will surely detest me for all of time. However, if it's a pie then your taste buds are in for a treat and a delight. Even my wife agrees the pies I make are delicious, and; many years ago I won pie contests at the summer village fetes. They were good times.

• I am rather good at word work and carpentry. Give me a bit of wood and a saw, perhaps a few bolts here and there, and I can make bird feeding tables, clocks, chairs and various bits and bobs such as that.

I learned it from my grandfather who worked in carpentry when I was a lad. My grandfather had his own carpentry shop. He lived upstairs with my grandmother and downstairs was the shop front and in the back garden next to the wooden shack where the toilet was situated was his workshop where he used all the different bits and bobs to make this that and t'other. I spent many a weekends and summers with my grandfather and would watch him for hours as he turned wood in to glorious items, which people would buy for quite the price in some cases.

I never worked in carpentry like my grandfather but it is something I do as a pastime, though not so much in latter years as the arthritis is affecting my fingers far more these days. Don't get old. It's a trap!

And the second thing I believe myself to be good at is making pies! Now, I am a terrible cook and baker; if you eat anything I make that isn't a pie then your digestion will surely detest me for all of time. However, if it's a pie then your taste buds are in for a treat and a delight. Even my wife agrees the pies I make are delicious, and; many years ago I won pie contests at the summer village fetes. They were good times.

Children
No Data