Has anyone done a degree with Open University?

I'm currently really struggling with work because of all the responsibilities and overstimulation and debating going back to education so I can have some more control over my schedule and also open up some more career opportunities. I thought OU could be good because it's online so there's less social stress. Specifically interested in doing a Psychology degree with Open University (full-time) because this has been my special interest for years now.

Has anyone done a degree with OU? Would you recommend full-time? Did you find that they were supportive and understanding of autistic people?

Parents Reply Children
  • I remember my A levels and asking for help from my teacher with a previous year's exam question.  His answer, "That's an unusual type of question it's unlikely to come up this year.".   Translation: he hadn't a clue how to answer it.  In reality it was a bog standard question that tested understanding of the basics and a very similar question came up in the actual A level exam.

• I agree with you about the diffrence between school and uni teachers, most of my teacher's wern't interested in teaching us anything, school was more like a warehouse for adolescent girls.

• The big difference between school and a top class university is that at university the lecturer often is an expert who sets his own syllabus and marks his own exams.  At school, half the teachers are ignorant of half the syllabus.