Has anyone done a degree with Open University?

I'm currently really struggling with work because of all the responsibilities and overstimulation and debating going back to education so I can have some more control over my schedule and also open up some more career opportunities. I thought OU could be good because it's online so there's less social stress. Specifically interested in doing a Psychology degree with Open University (full-time) because this has been my special interest for years now.

Has anyone done a degree with OU? Would you recommend full-time? Did you find that they were supportive and understanding of autistic people?

Parents
  • I have done several courses with the OU. I chose an "Open" degree with areas of public administration, education and psychology. I did a BA then upgraded it to a BSc(Hons)(Open).  I have also done advanced postgrad courses in special education and working with children. At the time I had been diagnosed ADHD and they were very supportive. ( The autism diagnosis came much more recently.)

I have also worked for the OU as a Social Work Practice Educator. Their support structures seem very efficient. It is possible to do a degree in three years if you do 120 points (two full courses) per year.  I did it whilst I was working, and it was hard going, but if you are not working full-time as well it might be less stressful.  (In my case the ADHD meant I only needed to sleep four hours per night, which helped!)

I did several psychology modules and found them interesting. There is also the option that if you don't like the course you can switch subjects and do an Open degree, or take a Certificate or Diploma.  Good luck!

• I have done several courses with the OU. I chose an "Open" degree with areas of public administration, education and psychology. I did a BA then upgraded it to a BSc(Hons)(Open).  I have also done advanced postgrad courses in special education and working with children. At the time I had been diagnosed ADHD and they were very supportive. ( The autism diagnosis came much more recently.)

I have also worked for the OU as a Social Work Practice Educator. Their support structures seem very efficient. It is possible to do a degree in three years if you do 120 points (two full courses) per year.  I did it whilst I was working, and it was hard going, but if you are not working full-time as well it might be less stressful.  (In my case the ADHD meant I only needed to sleep four hours per night, which helped!)

I did several psychology modules and found them interesting. There is also the option that if you don't like the course you can switch subjects and do an Open degree, or take a Certificate or Diploma.  Good luck!

Children
No Data