University

Now that I know that I’m autistic, I understand why I loved university so much and why I think about it so often. I had almost complete freedom, which for me often meant wandering around Cambridge on my own and occasionally *thinking* about studying. University was an escape when I needed it most. It was a self-contained universe, full of opportunities (if I could be bothered to take them). It was a world away from work and responsibilities and the general grind of life that we’re expected to tolerate. And I met my favourite people there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HrMJc1NBB0

[removed by moderator]

Parents
  • Great video. Really good to see an autistic Youtuber out there talking about their experiences. I was at Cambridge as well, briefly but the loss of my mum affected me deeply and I wasn't able to continue with my education in the end. Looking forward to your next video! :) 

• Thank you, Nor. Lots of great autistic YouTubers out there (I'm brand new to it all). Adult with Autism, Yo Samdy Sam, Autism from the Inside, Foster on the Spectrum...just some examples. I really loved Hunter Hansen's videos, but sadly he removed them (I think making them was taking over his life a bit, which I can understand!) I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. 

• Thank you, Nor. Lots of great autistic YouTubers out there (I'm brand new to it all). Adult with Autism, Yo Samdy Sam, Autism from the Inside, Foster on the Spectrum...just some examples. I really loved Hunter Hansen's videos, but sadly he removed them (I think making them was taking over his life a bit, which I can understand!) I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. 

Children
No Data