Home Alone

I love being at home on my own, and I now know that this has a lot to do with being autistic. It’s hard to offend someone when you’re the only one in the room. Peace is predictability and predictability is a common autistic need. Trouble and discomfort is other people (or whatever it is Sartre said). Here’s a three-minute Autistic Not Alien video on the topic of being alone at home: [edited by moderator]

Parents
  • I do enjoy my lone time. I always get cranky when I get invited to get-together and parties because it means I have to leave my house and talk to people. Something we don't exceed at.

At least when I'm home by myself, I can get more worthwhile things done and improve myself in both kind and body. 

I feel no need to mingle with inebriated people, talking about football and every word to them is an innuendo of some variety. It's quite tiresome

• "More worthwhile things" - yes, I'm just wired to want to do things that I consider to be productive. That said, and to contradict my video, I would happily spend the rest of my life travelling with my wife. I love being with her, especially in a fancy new place. (Who said autistic people crave repetition? Well, I'm autistic/ADHD, so there's that...)

• "More worthwhile things" - yes, I'm just wired to want to do things that I consider to be productive. That said, and to contradict my video, I would happily spend the rest of my life travelling with my wife. I love being with her, especially in a fancy new place. (Who said autistic people crave repetition? Well, I'm autistic/ADHD, so there's that...)

Children