Live music and venues!

I love to go to gigs and watch local bands play great music. Does anyone else? 

Supporting your grassroots venue is important!

Got curious and want to know if any one else feels like venues could do better in accommodating neurodiverse music lovers - for example low sensory punk/rock/indie shows?!

Would such a thing encourage you to go watch more live music?

Would love to hear some more opinons as i've not really seen much discussion online about this  <3

Parents
  • I love going to gigs. It's one of the only times I can be in a crowd without being unbearably anxious.

I do find that it's easier to handle if I've got earplugs in- I use Loops personally but anything that helps make the noise manageable will do.

Something that I find helpful about genres like prog and classical, which often have an older audience, is that they have seated concerts. Rather than getting bumped about in the mosh pit, you just sit down at a sensible distance from the musicians and from everyone else. I happen to LIKE the mosh pit, but I'm not always up to being in there, and I know a lot of autistic people would struggle with it far more than I do.

• I love going to gigs. It's one of the only times I can be in a crowd without being unbearably anxious.

I do find that it's easier to handle if I've got earplugs in- I use Loops personally but anything that helps make the noise manageable will do.

Something that I find helpful about genres like prog and classical, which often have an older audience, is that they have seated concerts. Rather than getting bumped about in the mosh pit, you just sit down at a sensible distance from the musicians and from everyone else. I happen to LIKE the mosh pit, but I'm not always up to being in there, and I know a lot of autistic people would struggle with it far more than I do.

Children
No Data