Self service tills.

I love self service tills in shops.  They are much more hygienic than manned tills.  The only unhygienic part is pressing the button asking how I'm making the payment and if I want a receipt.

On manned tills the operator touches every item of food I buy and on a recent visit I saw an operator sneeze all over herself and her hands and food items.

Now some shops are going into reverse, Booths are ripping out their self service tills, and my local branch of Iceland has gone back to manned tills only.

All opinions are welcome.

Parents
  • I think I've saw one of those things once ever in my entire life (while I was on a trip to Glasgow). Considering where I live, I believe that I just accepted that the manned tills are the only tills there are, and that there's no other way.

• Self service tills are in my experience a nightmare and manned tills are way better - connecting and interacting with another human being is so vitally important for our mental health and well-being as we have become way too dependent on modern technology in our times - our grandparents generation when I was a teenager in the 1980’s (I’m 53 now) were totally opposed to computers, internet and mobile phones and even though I embraced these at the start, our grandparents made a lot of warnings and predictions before they passed of what it would all lead to and over the years since their passing, they have consistently been proven accurate and correct in our times, as we have discovered for ourselves 

• Self service tills are in my experience a nightmare and manned tills are way better - connecting and interacting with another human being is so vitally important for our mental health and well-being as we have become way too dependent on modern technology in our times - our grandparents generation when I was a teenager in the 1980’s (I’m 53 now) were totally opposed to computers, internet and mobile phones and even though I embraced these at the start, our grandparents made a lot of warnings and predictions before they passed of what it would all lead to and over the years since their passing, they have consistently been proven accurate and correct in our times, as we have discovered for ourselves 

Children
No Data