Self service tills.

I love self service tills in shops.  They are much more hygienic than manned tills.  The only unhygienic part is pressing the button asking how I'm making the payment and if I want a receipt.

On manned tills the operator touches every item of food I buy and on a recent visit I saw an operator sneeze all over herself and her hands and food items.

Now some shops are going into reverse, Booths are ripping out their self service tills, and my local branch of Iceland has gone back to manned tills only.

All opinions are welcome.

Parents
  • I also prefer self service, mainly because I’m partially deaf so it’s a lot easier to read the totals and I can get on with it all by myself without having to concentrate on listening to anyone. I scan my weekly shop as I go round then all you have to do is scan the self service screen and pay at the end. Yet some people are on a campaign to get rid of them without thinking of how useful they are to some other people. I appreciate some people can’t use them so having some of both is the best idea

• I have tried this method, including via a mobile phone app, but it’s not for me and neither is self-service 

Reply Children
No Data