Self service tills.

I love self service tills in shops.  They are much more hygienic than manned tills.  The only unhygienic part is pressing the button asking how I'm making the payment and if I want a receipt.

On manned tills the operator touches every item of food I buy and on a recent visit I saw an operator sneeze all over herself and her hands and food items.

Now some shops are going into reverse, Booths are ripping out their self service tills, and my local branch of Iceland has gone back to manned tills only.

All opinions are welcome.

Parents
  • Self-service tills are shite. They are programmed by people who have no concept of logic (the post office ones are the worst). I can seldom  make them work, they ask gnomic questions and I hate them. Plus they put people out of work which is quite horrible.

• Self-service tills are shite. They are programmed by people who have no concept of logic (the post office ones are the worst). I can seldom  make them work, they ask gnomic questions and I hate them. Plus they put people out of work which is quite horrible.

Children