Mods: Can the really old stuff be archived?

Ppl keep reopening ancient threads, one was 10 years old. 

The info in those threads must be well out of date.

Is there a way to let them be read but not added too? 

If I'm the only one bothered I'll go find somewhere less confusing to hang out. I'm quite aware it might just be me that's struggling with this

Parents
  • I enjoy reading through some old posts when they are bumped up the forum, it is interesting to read the perspective of members who are no longer active on here. As already stated it does keep the memory alive of the members who have sadly passed on.

However we cannot keep adding to threads forever as the size of them will become unmanageable. The old '3 good things' thread had become so large that I had to stop clicking on it because, with my slow internet connection, I could not get it to load. I could go away and make a cup of coffee and the page still would not have loaded. Eventually it had to be closed by the forum team and a new one was created, which I am now able to read again.

The size issue also affects discussions with a large number of images, such as the creative and photography threads. I think it is inevitable that new versions of those will eventually need to be created, perhaps linking to the previous version in the opening post so that the older images aren't forgotten.

• I enjoy reading through some old posts when they are bumped up the forum, it is interesting to read the perspective of members who are no longer active on here. As already stated it does keep the memory alive of the members who have sadly passed on.

However we cannot keep adding to threads forever as the size of them will become unmanageable. The old '3 good things' thread had become so large that I had to stop clicking on it because, with my slow internet connection, I could not get it to load. I could go away and make a cup of coffee and the page still would not have loaded. Eventually it had to be closed by the forum team and a new one was created, which I am now able to read again.

The size issue also affects discussions with a large number of images, such as the creative and photography threads. I think it is inevitable that new versions of those will eventually need to be created, perhaps linking to the previous version in the opening post so that the older images aren't forgotten.

Children