Mods: Can the really old stuff be archived?

Ppl keep reopening ancient threads, one was 10 years old. 

The info in those threads must be well out of date.

Is there a way to let them be read but not added too? 

If I'm the only one bothered I'll go find somewhere less confusing to hang out. I'm quite aware it might just be me that's struggling with this

Parents
  • I feel that the old threads should be preserved indefinitely, as these conversations can be a valuable source of information which, of course, can be added to. New members bring new thoughts, experiences and questions... and long may that continue. 

If a thread is 'locked' and a member has something to add,  maybe they could simply start a new thread with the same name and add a number to it. e.g. "Can the really old stuff be archived 2"

Ben

• I feel that the old threads should be preserved indefinitely, as these conversations can be a valuable source of information which, of course, can be added to. New members bring new thoughts, experiences and questions... and long may that continue. 

If a thread is 'locked' and a member has something to add,  maybe they could simply start a new thread with the same name and add a number to it. e.g. "Can the really old stuff be archived 2"

Ben

Children
No Data