Mods: Can the really old stuff be archived?

Ppl keep reopening ancient threads, one was 10 years old. 

The info in those threads must be well out of date.

Is there a way to let them be read but not added too? 

If I'm the only one bothered I'll go find somewhere less confusing to hang out. I'm quite aware it might just be me that's struggling with this

Parents
  • I am glad you raised this matter Max.  It is good to think about, and review things = healthy.  Like most others, I think it would be a shame to loose the archive of old and very old threads.  It is helpful and reassuring (to me) to see whole new cohorts of people on here treading the same old ground.....it shows that OUR struggles, thoughts and behaviours are timeless and inherent to us and our type.  The world changes.....but our place within it does not.

Long before I ever even made a post of my own in this place, I felt like Plastic was "my type of person"......although he has long since passed, his wisdom lives on in this place.  Luna's resilience and loveliness = same thing, although I did actually have the pleasure to 'know' here.

This place is old, clunky and a bit dysfunctional...just like me.

• I am glad you raised this matter Max.  It is good to think about, and review things = healthy.  Like most others, I think it would be a shame to loose the archive of old and very old threads.  It is helpful and reassuring (to me) to see whole new cohorts of people on here treading the same old ground.....it shows that OUR struggles, thoughts and behaviours are timeless and inherent to us and our type.  The world changes.....but our place within it does not.

Long before I ever even made a post of my own in this place, I felt like Plastic was "my type of person"......although he has long since passed, his wisdom lives on in this place.  Luna's resilience and loveliness = same thing, although I did actually have the pleasure to 'know' here.

This place is old, clunky and a bit dysfunctional...just like me.

Children
  • Long before I ever even made a post of my own in this place, I felt like Plastic was "my type of person"......although he has long since passed, his wisdom lives on in this place.  Luna's resilience and loveliness = same thing, although I did actually have the pleasure to 'know' here.

You whole post is beautifully expressed but the above was so poignant that it brought tears to me eyes Broken heart

'Lest we forget' ....