Mods: Can the really old stuff be archived?

Ppl keep reopening ancient threads, one was 10 years old. 

The info in those threads must be well out of date.

Is there a way to let them be read but not added too? 

If I'm the only one bothered I'll go find somewhere less confusing to hang out. I'm quite aware it might just be me that's struggling with this

Parents
  • Quite often, it's the spam bots that resurrect old discussions. It's sad when members then comment (perhaps offering advice), not realising that the discussion isn't recent, and was created by a member that is no longer active on the forums.

I'm aware that when discussions get heated, the mods will sometimes lock them. They are still available to be read, just that nobody can post comments. Perhaps the mods could consider doing the same with discussions that were created more than 12 months ago.

• Quite often, it's the spam bots that resurrect old discussions. It's sad when members then comment (perhaps offering advice), not realising that the discussion isn't recent, and was created by a member that is no longer active on the forums.

I'm aware that when discussions get heated, the mods will sometimes lock them. They are still available to be read, just that nobody can post comments. Perhaps the mods could consider doing the same with discussions that were created more than 12 months ago.

Children