What's your experience of Gigs/Concerts?

Hi all,

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts/feelings/experiences of gigs are? 

On paper they're not the best places to be with so many things going on. For myself I tend to get uncomfortable when the crowds are packed too close and I get hyper-aware of how close I am to other people and feeling elbows etc brush against me. Feel like I constantly have to hold my breath. What I find weird for myself though is I love the feeling of the sound at gigs, not particularly the sound itself, but the vibrations of it in my chest and my body and limbs, I close my eyes to block out the lights and just feel it in my bones. For this reason I prefer rock gigs to anything else. 

Anyway, just wanted to ask what others peoples thoughts and experiences were? 

Parents
  • I go to quite a few, I prefer to go with someone else but will go on my own if it's someone I really want to see.  That said I prefer to hang at the back to one side, where I can get out easily, it's less crowded and I don't feel in anyone's way.  I'm also quite tall so I try to stand behind someone else tall so it's not really me blocking everyone else's view! 

Big stadium or arena gigs aren't my thing, I will do it but find it very stressful getting to and from the venue or navigating back to friends if I have to go the loo or I go to the bar.  There was also a gig I went to last year where right at the end someone wearing patchouli stood in front of me and I had to move as it's a trigger and I thought I might be sick!

All that said, I love live music and most of the people I would go to see have what I would call a decent set of fans.

• I go to quite a few, I prefer to go with someone else but will go on my own if it's someone I really want to see.  That said I prefer to hang at the back to one side, where I can get out easily, it's less crowded and I don't feel in anyone's way.  I'm also quite tall so I try to stand behind someone else tall so it's not really me blocking everyone else's view! 

Big stadium or arena gigs aren't my thing, I will do it but find it very stressful getting to and from the venue or navigating back to friends if I have to go the loo or I go to the bar.  There was also a gig I went to last year where right at the end someone wearing patchouli stood in front of me and I had to move as it's a trigger and I thought I might be sick!

All that said, I love live music and most of the people I would go to see have what I would call a decent set of fans.

Children
No Data