What if?

I was thinking, what iif ND was the norm and NT was seen as being odd. For example, if comments were made or questions asked of people who made eye contact. What other examples can you think of?

Parents
  • I posted this then deleted it but I'm reinstating it:

Lack of sensory acuteness.
    A pathological need to follow social conventions.
    A pervasive need to not say what is meant and not mean what is said.
    Grey area thinking.
    Irregular eye contact.
    Over reliance on body language to communicate.
    A pervasive need for surface level connections.
    Deficient in being able to form deep connections.
    Deficient in deep thinking.

I know some lovely neurotypical people and would feel uncomfortable describing them as such but that's what happens when you tar a group of people with the same medicalised brush.

• I think these are great - and have a use ESPECIALLY when someone is being pathologised for Autistic Thinking/Being. 

I haven't hesitated to respond about these matters when there is an issue of ethics or morality being propositioned. Chloe at Aucademy reinforces that in some cultures, looking directly into someone's eyes is form of domination and aggressiveness. 

• I think these are great - and have a use ESPECIALLY when someone is being pathologised for Autistic Thinking/Being. 

I haven't hesitated to respond about these matters when there is an issue of ethics or morality being propositioned. Chloe at Aucademy reinforces that in some cultures, looking directly into someone's eyes is form of domination and aggressiveness. 

Children
  • Chloe at Aucademy reinforces that in some cultures, looking directly into someone's eyes is form of domination and aggressiveness. 

Exactly!

Both Aucademy and Chloe are great and very comprehensive and easily understandable sources of autistic lived experience information. Chloe helps to reiterate that these views are cultural differences and that we autistics have our own unique culture.

Did you know that Aucademy livestreams are back? I am so happy that they are back, I have missed them! Unfortunately, Aucademy have now decided to only host monthly livestreams. I think this reduction in livestreams is to try and prevent burnout for the Aucademy hosts, so very sensible!

Do you have a favourite/most interesting Aucademy video that you have watched?

I have watched about 100 I think, one of my favourites is the autistic joy video. I also love the autistic pride one, I love them, so positive!

I enjoy so many of their videos there are too many to list - but I also like the PDA one too with Jodie Issit.

• ....and lets not forget our animal friends !  Don't EVER try baby talking to a frustrated and angry looking dog whilst looking directly at them!