Happy Thursday

Hope you are having a good daySlight smile

Parents
  • Hello Elvis, I hope you're having a good day Slight smile

My microwave has stopped working, so my day has been taken up with trying to solve the problem of getting a new one. 

I have discovered that microwaves are out of fashion, everyone seems to be using air fryers, although they are not a direct substitute for a microwave.

Heating up my coffee when I occasionally forget to drink it will be a problem!

I still haven't solved the problem. I will buy one online of course, but I resist Amazon because I consider them an Evil Empire... 

And then there will be the problem of how to select a new microwave, since the one I have that no longer works is no longer made...

I don't know whether any of this means I'm having a good, or bad day.

But it is the day I'm having.

Slight smile

• I got one of those coffee warming pad thingies  (technical term) -  you put your coffee mug on it, and it keeps it hot, all day if necessary.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=coffee+warmer&crid=1KVKP8W2LAV88&sprefix=coffee+warm%2Caps%2C4139&ref=nb_sb_noss_2     Other retailers are available if you don't want to use Amazon, but their web page shows some of those available.

I use a hot air fryer and it is brilliant if you like fish and chips, chicken and chips, or for heating up ready made lasagne or meat pies. I also buy "half-baked" bread rolls and croissants, which take about ten minutes to bake.

My other kitchen favourite is a slow cooker.  I like stews. Usually, I put everything in a saucepan and simmer for about ten minutes then put it in the slow cooker for a few hours. I am dribbling on my keyboard at the thought of venison with mushrooms, peppers, onions, aubergines, courgettes, and kidney beans ...  But almost any leftovers from the fridge with a selection from my drawer of about fifty herbs and spices and a bit of Marmite will make a stew. 

Has anybody else tried beetroot and horseradish dumplings?  Yes, I know I am weird.

• Has anybody else tried beetroot and horseradish dumplings?  Yes, I know I am weird.

I haven't - I know somebody who likes marmite and marmalade sandwiches though! 

To me that sounds weirder than beetroot and horseradish dumplings, which could make sense.

• Has anybody else tried beetroot and horseradish dumplings?  Yes, I know I am weird.

I haven't - I know somebody who likes marmite and marmalade sandwiches though! 

To me that sounds weirder than beetroot and horseradish dumplings, which could make sense.

Children