Favourite singers and groups?

Who are your favourites? 

I like so many but some of my favourites are

Queen, Adele, Taylor Swift, Elton John, Paul Young, Morrissey, Texas, Roxette, Phil Collins and Duran Duran.

My favourite song of the moment is Grace Kelly by Mika. It puts me in a fantastic mood!

• I’ve just listened to it, true Sparks style. Have you watched / listened to “Paint it  Black” from the “Wednesday “ series, same energy.

https://youtu.be/S523q5PCX6Q

• I like The Rhythm Thief by Sparks. I first heard it on the radio and it took me ages to find who sang it.

• Queen, Heart, Mott the Hoople, The Boss, Billy Joel, Leonard Skinner, The Pretenders, Suzi Quatro  and Sparks. Not forgetting The Band. If feeling low then Frank Wilson, Do I love you ( indeed I do), great Northern Soul.

• I love The Beatles. My Nonna loves The Beatles, she went to see them live in the 60s.

• I love the Grateful Dead. Burying my attention in a long Dark Star jam is one of my favourite ways to deal with things like crowded trains. 

• I like Kraftwerk, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Elton John, The Supremes, Northern Soul, The Animals, The Grateful Dead , Van Morrison And Them. Dare I mention The Archies and Sugar ,sugar. I had better stop here!  

• I love Knocking On Heavens Door by Bob Dylan and Abandoned Love. He's such a big talent.

• Elvis is my favourite. I love his music and voice, he was on another planet! Sunglasses I got in to his music spending afternoons with my grandparents who were diehard Elvis fans. 

I'm also a big music fan of the Eagles and the Pet Shop Boys and basically anything from the 80s, 70s and 60s.

• Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Howlin' Wolf, Frank Zappa, The Small Faces, The Jam/Paul Weller. Procol Harum, Fela Kuti, Ali Farka Toure, John Coltrane, The Byrds, Gene Clark, Newen Afrobeat. Tinariwen, Pink Floyd, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, The Pogues, Toots and the Maytals, Simon and Garfunkel/Paul Simon, Fleetwood Mac, Yes, The Balfa Brothers and many, many more.

• Marillion were great.

• I like Ed Sheeran. His music is amazing and really hits home sometimes. 

• My favourite singer is Kyo from a band called Dir en grey. Not for the faint of heart maybe, but as well as having an amazing voice for clean vocals (regular singing), he's also super versatile on the more metal vocals. On the more normal side of things, I really like Elliott Smith and Phoebe Bridger's voices. 

Mostly I'm not super bothered about singers though. I'll take a band with great music but mediocre singing over the reverse every day of the week. Like 2 of my 3 favourite bands are Boris and Phish, and their vocals are like a 6/10.

• My favourite modern singer is Taylor Swift. In recent years I've really got in to her music and received a letter from her which I wasn't expecting a reply to!

My favourite older singer is George Michael/Wham! brilliant singer, unique style and voice. 

• I'll be showing my age and demographic in saying the band Marillion (1980s progressive rock) then the lead singer when he left in the late 80's and went solo.

Following the rollercoaster career of Fish (the singer) from an obscure but cult Prog group to the height of his pop sucess on Top of The Pops (when he had laryngitis and used cards with the lyrics instead of singing) then onto the inevitable break up of the group because of his huge ego - it was like a soap opera.

He is quite a character and a real poet at heart. To this day in his 60s he still does a weekly interactive chat on Facebook I think and still has loads of interesting stories to tell of his life.

That and the music of course.

• I'm old enough to remember it topping the charts. Smiley

I follow the side projects, on Bandcamp, of a Chap named Chris Olley; who fronted a Noughties Indie Band called Six by Seven.