Fidget toys

Hi!

I'm currently in the first initial stages of designing a product for my GCSEs, specifically for people diagnosed with autism which can help with difficulties in social situations. 

My first idea is a fidget toy. I would like to know the pros and cons of these, when they are mainly used, and just personal preferences as to what kind of sensory tools can help.

Also, are bright lights and loud noises something people on the spectrum struggle with?

Any information would be really helpful and if you have any ideas as to what products would help those with autism but aren't currently available or designed that would be great to know.

Thanks!

Parents
  • I'm going to give you the same answers I gave my younger brother for his A-level product design portfolio (he did not choose my ideas)

longer lasting chewlery, that looks less like a toddlers toy, don't know how you'd do this, could be fun to work out

discreet nose plugs. I'm really sensitive to smell, but unlike my noise sensitivity and earplugs, I don't have discrete stuff that I can use to block the smell, and most people are pretty offended when you're wearing obvious nose plugs to block the smell of their very expensive perfume.

Reply Children
No Data