Preferred fonts for autism

Hi everyone, I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts and opinions on fonts preferred for those on the autism spectrum. A lot of people relay that Comic Sans is a preference. However, I don’t like comic sans. It has been used for 20 years in schools and for adults and I want to know what autistic individuals in the community think about comic sans. And explanations why it is perceived that comic sans font is preferable to let’s say arial or times Roman. I notice the Autistic Society website does not use comic sans. Which I’m glad about. Any thoughts, feeling and expressions welcome. Thanks everybody. 

Parents
  • I always use Times Roman when I am allowed to. I like serifs, they are a reminder of when people wrote with pens, or carved with chisels, I reminder of when eye, hand and brain needed skills.

• I remember, during GCSE Computer Studies, the text was in courier, and the headings in bookman. 

Then, along came ECDL. Which, at the time, shoehorned Times New Roman. Fast forward to Windows 7, standardised calibri. 

• I remember, during GCSE Computer Studies, the text was in courier, and the headings in bookman. 

Then, along came ECDL. Which, at the time, shoehorned Times New Roman. Fast forward to Windows 7, standardised calibri. 

Children
No Data