The Great Borage Showdown

....aka Battle Of The Borage 

There have been rumblings for the past week or so but I thought now would be as good a time as any to get the show started. Today I sowed between 16 and 20 seeds.

I thought it might be nice for any members who want to join in to sow borage seeds and chat about it. We all know bees and pollinators need a helping hand and this is a lovely plant we can have in our gardens to help. The flowers are pretty star shaped blue, sometimes pink or purple. You can eat the flowers or put in ice cubes and you can use the leaves to make borage fertiliser for the garden.

I thought it might be a nice way to unite online friends by doing something remote in real life.

It does self seed so I take no responsibility if you end up with more next year! The more the merrier. Apologies if you have no outdoor space. Maybe do a bit of guerilla gardening if you can Blush

This post was inspired by Jamie (who I cannot tag for some reason) and 

So lets help our wildlife!

"No-one can do everything but everyone can do something".

Parents
  • While we play the borage waiting game (although Jamie might not be waiting as long as the rest of us) here is a print out of my herb book and another fun fact!

Borage in Welsh translates as "herb of gladness"

I hope I'm boring everyone already! 

• Are you kidding?  You do know that we're autistic, right?  This is like catnip for me!

Whilst I haven't got any Borage news today.....in light of my above comment, perhaps you and Jamie and Debbie would be interested to know my "distraction" fact-research today?

The chances of being killed by a gun in your own country is as follows, based in my "first principle" approach to statistics......

Japan = 1 in 21 million chance.

UK = 1 in 400 thousand chance.

USA = 1 in 10 thousand chance.

Brazil = 1 in 4,400 chance.

It's amazing where a tumbledrier brain will take you.  I'm increasingly aware of my disordered attention...and now  leave it to play for a while and burn off some energy.....rather than just screaming at it to "behave!"

I think I'm becoming a better parent/companion for my own brain......and for that.....I am very glad.

If only there was some way for me to show my appreciation to the goddess of gladness?  Thinking caps on.

In restful, joyful and re-focusing jest, I might must leave you for the evening.

Be well fellow Boragers.

Number.

• Are you kidding?  You do know that we're autistic, right?  This is like catnip for me!

Whilst I haven't got any Borage news today.....in light of my above comment, perhaps you and Jamie and Debbie would be interested to know my "distraction" fact-research today?

The chances of being killed by a gun in your own country is as follows, based in my "first principle" approach to statistics......

Japan = 1 in 21 million chance.

UK = 1 in 400 thousand chance.

USA = 1 in 10 thousand chance.

Brazil = 1 in 4,400 chance.

It's amazing where a tumbledrier brain will take you.  I'm increasingly aware of my disordered attention...and now  leave it to play for a while and burn off some energy.....rather than just screaming at it to "behave!"

I think I'm becoming a better parent/companion for my own brain......and for that.....I am very glad.

If only there was some way for me to show my appreciation to the goddess of gladness?  Thinking caps on.

In restful, joyful and re-focusing jest, I might must leave you for the evening.

Be well fellow Boragers.

Number.

Children
  • I have been watching an old TV series called the invaders with a friend and I'll not lie, talking about any aspect of Covid from my perspective gives me cause to empathise much more closely with the main character than I wish was the case.. 

• "...we think..." is not something I do with anyone ... "I think" is all I do.

Accordingly, I think that the question, as posed, is too 'loaded' and posed with insufficient context.

Moreover, as I have said before, and I will repeat here again.......Covid and vaccines .... are on my list of being too dangerous to enter into open conversation about.  Too loaded.......WAY too loaded.....can't end well.

The world is mad.  I have accepted that.  I just try to keep my front path tidy and to my satisfaction.  Simpler.

• So which would we think is more likely to kill us here in the UK, Random gunfire or the MRNA vaccinations?

• Feel a bit awkward putting a "like" on that one

• Final "fun" fact on the gun deaths in the USA.....a fact that deserves more attention = of the approximately 40,000 gun deaths every year in the states, more than 50% are suicides!

I only mention this because you expressed interest.

Going now.....

• A few observations.

1. That's higher than I'd have thought for the UK.... I'm moving to Japan. But THEN does that increase or decrease my chance because the stats are, after all "in your own country". 

2. I think the green goddess of gladness would appreciate your death by firearm stats.

3. Catnip for the brain only lasts as long as it's read.....for me anyway....then instantly dissolves.

4. There's a spurious correlation between per capita cheese consumption (presumably in the US) and death by getting tangled in bedsheets.

Enjoy your evening and stay safe!