The Great Borage Showdown

....aka Battle Of The Borage 

There have been rumblings for the past week or so but I thought now would be as good a time as any to get the show started. Today I sowed between 16 and 20 seeds.

I thought it might be nice for any members who want to join in to sow borage seeds and chat about it. We all know bees and pollinators need a helping hand and this is a lovely plant we can have in our gardens to help. The flowers are pretty star shaped blue, sometimes pink or purple. You can eat the flowers or put in ice cubes and you can use the leaves to make borage fertiliser for the garden.

I thought it might be a nice way to unite online friends by doing something remote in real life.

It does self seed so I take no responsibility if you end up with more next year! The more the merrier. Apologies if you have no outdoor space. Maybe do a bit of guerilla gardening if you can Blush

This post was inspired by Jamie (who I cannot tag for some reason) and 

So lets help our wildlife!

"No-one can do everything but everyone can do something".

Parents
  • Thank you for this post. Loving reading the progress, as well as the light hearted descriptions and the bee facts. I am not growing borage but a lot of other seeds that will hopefully attract the bees. Spent a lovely afternoon in the sun yesterday re potting seedlings. I saw my first bee of the season recently but will try to look more closely in future to see if I can identify the species.

• They are certainly out and about a bit more now!

Reply Children
No Data