Tracking Devices

Hi I haven't been around much as life has been raaaaa.

Last time I was around I was discussing my 14 ow 15 yr old ds who has autism.

The whole time of fighting for my eldest son, I knew my youngest son now 7 also has autism and knew he was either more severely affected or had other conditions. I now have an emergency pre-statement placement, so son can be placed in apecial school anytime fro tuesday onward. He can't cope in mainstreem school and due to a lack of help at school he has been excluded for his outbursts to the point he is at risk of permenent exclusion. He attents the PRU (pupil referal unit) 2 1/2 days a week and has been put on 1 to 1 to which he lso struggles. My son has next to no sence of danger and is a danger to himself and others. The list could go on and on. It turns out he has Autism ADHDand ODD.

He runs off and I am yet to find a wrist strap he can't escape from. Indoors he will abscond and I know you must be screeming at screen saying lock doors and windows, we have 4 lads and they are forever in and out. We try to watch him all the time but this is mission immpossible. I just wanted peoples oppinions as to weather or not to invrst in one of these tracking devices as it sounds an alarm when he goes beyond the set limit of the house, and also sends location to mobile devices. I hate the thought of tracking a child but hate the thought more that he has wondered off way to far and we have streams around here which draw him like a magnet. If anyone has experience of this I would love to hear from you and which device is better than others, but I welcome all help and advice. xx 

• I'm not currently aware of anything that matches what you are looking for.

I also did this a lot as a child, normally trying to escape a stressful situation or sensory overload. Running water is always very calming to me, might in be possible to replicate the kind of environment he's looking for? E.g. for me indoor fountains and plant-life somewhere I could go and be left alone for a bit reduced the urge to run outside.

Sometimes however I just needed to walk for a long time, this is harder to simulate indoors short of getting a treadmill surrounded by nature based artwork or VR set up. I've not heard if anyone has tried this though so is more of a guess.

The more affordable options would be looking at what kinds of situations may cause the need to escape.

• I know this is a really old post but I'm desperate for some help on this. All the trackers I find are unsuitable. I need a Fitbit style slim tracker that can't be taken off and had a long battery life. Something my brother could wear all day everyday that won't get in his way. He's very stubborn so he will try to take it off