My Guilty Pleasure

Way back in 2013, my mother started asking me if I had seen a particular programme on Channel 4. I kept being told that I simply HAD to watch it because it was absolutely hilarious. Her description of it caused me to think it sounded rather ghastly. "It features people watching TV and commenting on what they have seen. Some of the things they say are priceless!" 

As I've never understood the appeal of people watching YouTube videos of people playing video games, I was struggling to understand what could possibly be so enjoyable and entertaining about this programme that my mother kept talking about. If you haven't already guessed, the programme was Gogglebox

Eventually, I decided to watch it. My mother had spent weeks telling me about the antics of the 'posh couple' who always appeared to be in an inebriated state, so I figured that I had to at least find out for myself what all the ridiculous hype was about. Well, I was hooked. 

Yes, my guilty pleasure (one of them) is watching Gogglebox

Do you have any guilty pleasures that you care to share? - Please keep it clean folks!

Parents
  • Gogglebox is quite funny, I particularly like Giles and Mary. Who are your favourite people on the show? At first I thought the concept was odd and pointless, you are just watching other people watch TV but I enjoy it now.

• Giles and Mary can have me in stitches, especially when Giles seems to go out of his way to wind Mary up. Sometimes Mary's reactions are not what I anticipate. For example, I'll be expecting her to say how distasteful something is, but she will surprise me by finding it amusing. 

I find the banter between Dave and Shirley hilarious, and they are at the top of my list of favourite people, along with the sisters Ellie and Izzi, The Siddiqui's, and The Worthingtons.

Lee and Jenny make me laugh too... Those eye rolls from Lee when Jenny starts crying, and the fact that his jokes often seem to go over the top of her head. 

I also find myself laughing with incredulity at some of the banter between Abbie and Georgia. 

• Giles and Mary can have me in stitches, especially when Giles seems to go out of his way to wind Mary up. Sometimes Mary's reactions are not what I anticipate. For example, I'll be expecting her to say how distasteful something is, but she will surprise me by finding it amusing. 

I find the banter between Dave and Shirley hilarious, and they are at the top of my list of favourite people, along with the sisters Ellie and Izzi, The Siddiqui's, and The Worthingtons.

Lee and Jenny make me laugh too... Those eye rolls from Lee when Jenny starts crying, and the fact that his jokes often seem to go over the top of her head. 

I also find myself laughing with incredulity at some of the banter between Abbie and Georgia. 

Children