"Autism friendly cinemas"

hi everyone, i'm a student with aspergers, i noticed that my local cinema in Paignton,Devon "the apollo" does special Autism friendly film screenings of films, for these they offer

• brighter but softer lighting during the film
  • more spacing between seats
  • no pre film adverts
  • lowered surrond sound volume

personally, i'm not so heavily affected by my aspergers that i require this, but it does sound like a useful thing. just thought i'd post about this here to pick peoples brains about what they think of this service and similar ones provided elsewhere

Parents
  • We have a local cinema that does autism-friendly screenings for children.  We would find it a nightmare though as what they call autism-friendly means allowing the children to get up out of their seats and pretty much do their own thing.

All 3 of us need concentration on the film and hate distraction.  I hate the rustling of popcorn etc. too, people coughing, peoples' children talking and crying it drives me mad.  I also hate it if anyone sits in front of me as I find their head silhouette too much of a distraction from the film.  Another one, is someone sitting behind me moving and pressing/digging their feet into the back of my seat, drives me insane.

The bugbear I have about the cinema itself is the volume of especially the adverts, we all sat in a row screaming out loud at how loud they were once when we went.

• We have a local cinema that does autism-friendly screenings for children.  We would find it a nightmare though as what they call autism-friendly means allowing the children to get up out of their seats and pretty much do their own thing.

All 3 of us need concentration on the film and hate distraction.  I hate the rustling of popcorn etc. too, people coughing, peoples' children talking and crying it drives me mad.  I also hate it if anyone sits in front of me as I find their head silhouette too much of a distraction from the film.  Another one, is someone sitting behind me moving and pressing/digging their feet into the back of my seat, drives me insane.

The bugbear I have about the cinema itself is the volume of especially the adverts, we all sat in a row screaming out loud at how loud they were once when we went.

Children
No Data