"Autism friendly cinemas"

hi everyone, i'm a student with aspergers, i noticed that my local cinema in Paignton,Devon "the apollo" does special Autism friendly film screenings of films, for these they offer

• brighter but softer lighting during the film
  • more spacing between seats
  • no pre film adverts
  • lowered surrond sound volume

personally, i'm not so heavily affected by my aspergers that i require this, but it does sound like a useful thing. just thought i'd post about this here to pick peoples brains about what they think of this service and similar ones provided elsewhere

Parents
  • I'm usually okay with the lighting in the cinemas I go to although I tend to find that it's too dark to find your way back to your seat if you've had to get up and leave the room (as I have ADHD as well, it's something I quite frequently do).

One of the things I hate is having to sit too close to strangers so the increased spacing between seats is something I'd welcome.

Is anyone else bothered by some of the smells in the cinemas? Sometimes it's so bad that it makes me feel quite sick.

• I'm usually okay with the lighting in the cinemas I go to although I tend to find that it's too dark to find your way back to your seat if you've had to get up and leave the room (as I have ADHD as well, it's something I quite frequently do).

One of the things I hate is having to sit too close to strangers so the increased spacing between seats is something I'd welcome.

Is anyone else bothered by some of the smells in the cinemas? Sometimes it's so bad that it makes me feel quite sick.

Children
No Data