A Kind of Spark, New BBC, 10 Part Series.

I read Elle Mcnicoll’s book,  ‘A Kind Of Spark’ about 18 months ago. It follows two autistic sisters, the younger one was diagnosed early after her older sister was diagnosed after school leaving age.  I loved the audiobook and have listened to some of Elle’s other books, all have neurodiverse characters, Elle is autistic herself, anyway the BBC have been working with Elle and A Kind of Spark is coming to BBC iplayer at the end of the month, it will then go to mainstream tv. The two autistic characters are both played by autistic actors. It’s a brilliant story and another step towards autism being shown in a positive way.

This is the trailer Elle released today.

twitter.com/.../1639337716528578585

Parents
  • As a result of reading this forum post, I ended up binge-watching all 10 episodes. I personally thought it was absolutely brilliant and very much hope another series will be commissioned. 

• Glad you enjoyed it, I also binge watched it, I had to stop it in places and have a pace around the house. It was almost too well made. Elle has three more similar books out, I listened to them as audiobooks. I loved, “ show Us Who You Are?” It follows an autistic girl and a boy who has ADHD. It centres around a massive company who can make holograms of your loved ones, the next option is to remove parts of the holograms that are unpalatable such as disablement. I’ve got Elle’s  new book on pre order, “Like A Curse”

• Glad you enjoyed it, I also binge watched it, I had to stop it in places and have a pace around the house. It was almost too well made. Elle has three more similar books out, I listened to them as audiobooks. I loved, “ show Us Who You Are?” It follows an autistic girl and a boy who has ADHD. It centres around a massive company who can make holograms of your loved ones, the next option is to remove parts of the holograms that are unpalatable such as disablement. I’ve got Elle’s  new book on pre order, “Like A Curse”

Children
No Data