Hysterical Trauma

Hello everyone.

I am new to this site but I am hoping someone relates to this and can bring me closure please?

My daughter is not diagnosed, but I know without a shadow of doubt she has ASD (she is still resisting diagnosis.  She is now 36 (my grandson has a diagnosis of ASD, PDA and ADHD, many others in the family have also received diagnoses)

When my daughter was 11 she suddenly lost the feeling in her legs and was unable to walk.  She was admitted to hospital, (doctors stuck pins in her legs, there was no response).

They came up with the diagnosis of hysterical trauma but unable to say why (Anyone read Heidi?).  I have been reading about 'autistic burn out' causing interference with the nervous system? Could this be it?    I would love to know if anyone else has had this experience.   It would bring closure to this as many suggestions were put to us, none fit.  Thank you for reading.

Suzanne

Parents
  • Now that you mention it, when I was a young teen I had an altercation with a frustrated mentor, and hurt my hand.  
    I ended up running my hand through a pane glass window, with all of the damage you’d expect, and I felt nothing not even after the adrenaline had worn off.  
    The only thing a remember in terms if pain, was the squeamish sensation of stitches being applied, and the tightness of my hand afterwards. Hysterical trauma is a weird term, I don’t remember being hysterical, if not for the damage I could’ve carried on with my day.

• Now that you mention it, when I was a young teen I had an altercation with a frustrated mentor, and hurt my hand.  
    I ended up running my hand through a pane glass window, with all of the damage you’d expect, and I felt nothing not even after the adrenaline had worn off.  
    The only thing a remember in terms if pain, was the squeamish sensation of stitches being applied, and the tightness of my hand afterwards. Hysterical trauma is a weird term, I don’t remember being hysterical, if not for the damage I could’ve carried on with my day.

Children
No Data