Travel insurance when waiting for a diagnosis

I'm looking for some advice regarding travel insurance as I'm going on a trip to Europe in July, while on the ASD diagnostic waiting list and have been trying to arrange travel insurance however it seems without a diagnosed condition it's not easy! It's especially frustrating as I put myself forward for diagnosis having survived 50 years without it.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Parents
  • Think of it like this - would an autistic meltdown cause you to need to make a claim? I.e. will you need to see a therapist/end up in hospital? Will the country you're traveling to have the facilities to treat you?

In my case, if I had a mega meltdown/burnout abroad (it's happened before), I'd just buy a plane ticket home. I.e. I wouldn't make a claim. Even if I made a claim, because autism is still not considered by many travel companies a spectrum condition, I doubt they'd fund a ticket home for you.

I don't disclose autism on my travel insurance because I don't need to claim for it, therefore.

• Think of it like this - would an autistic meltdown cause you to need to make a claim? I.e. will you need to see a therapist/end up in hospital? Will the country you're traveling to have the facilities to treat you?

In my case, if I had a mega meltdown/burnout abroad (it's happened before), I'd just buy a plane ticket home. I.e. I wouldn't make a claim. Even if I made a claim, because autism is still not considered by many travel companies a spectrum condition, I doubt they'd fund a ticket home for you.

I don't disclose autism on my travel insurance because I don't need to claim for it, therefore.

Children
No Data