Travel insurance when waiting for a diagnosis

I'm looking for some advice regarding travel insurance as I'm going on a trip to Europe in July, while on the ASD diagnostic waiting list and have been trying to arrange travel insurance however it seems without a diagnosed condition it's not easy! It's especially frustrating as I put myself forward for diagnosis having survived 50 years without it.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Parents
  • If you haven’t been diagnosed you don’t need to declare it.

if / once you are diagnosed the danger is that an insurance company will refuse to pay out for something related to a pre-diagnosed condition which hasn’t been declared.

I am bipolar (fortunately type ii not the more extreme type I) as well as autistic and in my case it’s possible although unlikely that the something could be the equivalent of being sectioned and having to stay in a mental hospital for a prolonged period of time. It’s therefore probably not wise for me to travel without declaring my bipolar and there are some countries which are probably prohibitively expensive for me to visit because of the cost of insurance. (USA and some European countries - it depends on the cost of healthcare in the country)

in the case of autism however I personally struggle to think of anything which I wouldn’t be prepared to risk having to pay for but it depends on your (undiagnosed) autism and what medical help you have required from the NHS in the past which in hindsight could be linked to your autism and what help you imagine you might need in the future.

• If you haven’t been diagnosed you don’t need to declare it.

if / once you are diagnosed the danger is that an insurance company will refuse to pay out for something related to a pre-diagnosed condition which hasn’t been declared.

I am bipolar (fortunately type ii not the more extreme type I) as well as autistic and in my case it’s possible although unlikely that the something could be the equivalent of being sectioned and having to stay in a mental hospital for a prolonged period of time. It’s therefore probably not wise for me to travel without declaring my bipolar and there are some countries which are probably prohibitively expensive for me to visit because of the cost of insurance. (USA and some European countries - it depends on the cost of healthcare in the country)

in the case of autism however I personally struggle to think of anything which I wouldn’t be prepared to risk having to pay for but it depends on your (undiagnosed) autism and what medical help you have required from the NHS in the past which in hindsight could be linked to your autism and what help you imagine you might need in the future.

Children
No Data