Travel insurance when waiting for a diagnosis

I'm looking for some advice regarding travel insurance as I'm going on a trip to Europe in July, while on the ASD diagnostic waiting list and have been trying to arrange travel insurance however it seems without a diagnosed condition it's not easy! It's especially frustrating as I put myself forward for diagnosis having survived 50 years without it.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Parents
  • Is it a legal obligation to inform people (insurers, mortgage companies, DVLA...others?) of a ASD diagnosis? 

• DVLA Yes BUT only if your autism effects your driving. You could however be fined if you fail to disclose it.

it’s therefore up to you. I imagine the only way you would be fined would be if you had a serious accident and the accident was caused by your autism.

I don’t drive but discussing the issue with my sister I think it depends whether driving is something that interests you or not. If it is the.autistic ability to focus on things of interest for long periods probably makes you a safer driver all other things being equal. If however driving is not something that interests.you then you may get distracted too easily and would be a less safe driver.

• DVLA Yes BUT only if your autism effects your driving. You could however be fined if you fail to disclose it.

it’s therefore up to you. I imagine the only way you would be fined would be if you had a serious accident and the accident was caused by your autism.

I don’t drive but discussing the issue with my sister I think it depends whether driving is something that interests you or not. If it is the.autistic ability to focus on things of interest for long periods probably makes you a safer driver all other things being equal. If however driving is not something that interests.you then you may get distracted too easily and would be a less safe driver.

Children
No Data