Travel insurance when waiting for a diagnosis

I'm looking for some advice regarding travel insurance as I'm going on a trip to Europe in July, while on the ASD diagnostic waiting list and have been trying to arrange travel insurance however it seems without a diagnosed condition it's not easy! It's especially frustrating as I put myself forward for diagnosis having survived 50 years without it.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Parents
  • If you have no diagnosis then just get insurance as before - you can notify them once you have it confirmed that you are on the Spectrum which is likely to make it a lot more expensive. There are no rules broken as you don't actually know if you are.

You could always get a private diagnosis but this will cost more than the insurance I expect.

Do we need to delare this anyway? Anyone hace experience of this?

• If you have no diagnosis then just get insurance as before - you can notify them once you have it confirmed that you are on the Spectrum which is likely to make it a lot more expensive. There are no rules broken as you don't actually know if you are.

You could always get a private diagnosis but this will cost more than the insurance I expect.

Do we need to delare this anyway? Anyone hace experience of this?

Children
No Data