Do you like DVDs or digital viewings?

I personally love DVDs! :) 

I like the covers on the cases, some are really nice and there's Holo moving ones too. I have a Paddington DVD case like that ^^

I watch digital sometimes but not very much now. I find that paying for something like Netflix or Disney+ means I could have bought it on DVD dozens of times, so now I just try and buy the DVDs instead.

I have a LOT of DVDs :-) I'm trying to get into watching them more as I've got a lot of free time on my hands.

^^

Some of my DVDs:

I was doing some sorting so got these out but I've got lots more :) 

Parents Reply Children
  • I doubt it somehow. More cynical, definitely...

When CD came out, I er, took massive advantage of my local hi-fi store and got them to let me audition their entire range of CD players. Twice. Of course I had no intention of buying one. I just wanted to know if they all sounded the same, as was supposed to be the case...

The upshot was, if it didn't have a Phillips insides at the time, Pink Floyd sounded like "they had somewhere else to be"  whereas on the Phillips based players they sounded much more natural in the timing, however the phillips players sounded harsh in the really noisy bit in the middle of "money", and few players managed to make the sax sound right.

So it came down to the 800 - 1000 quid meridian MCD or MCD pro or a 400 quid Marantz player. If you wanted the best rendition of "dark side of the moon" at the time off a cd, AND I DID. well I could not afford either being on the dole at the time, and as I was getting ready to go I spied a gold coloured CD player with the word "Marantz" on the front tucked away in a corner. I asked what it was, and it was 200 quid, ex demo and under test, it sounded GOOD.  

I then had me a little career fixing and trading CD players. 

I've still got one of those Marantz 73's upstairs. And a couple of Cambridge Audio CD2's...