Things that don't seem right

I ordered lemon shower gel recently on my online shopping and it was substituted with Mango. When I started using it the smell made me think of eating/ drinking. I am used to lemon perfume in cleaning products but this didn't make me think of a cleansing product. Are there things other people think are not quite right?

Parents
  • Staying true to my name on here, I can’t see why people make coffee taste like something that isn’t coffee by adding the various syrups and milks available to change the flavour to something else (like a pumpkin, or caramel etc.) whilst still calling it coffee. I say this whilst still firmly believing that people should be able to enjoy whatever drink they wish to, but it just seems odd to call it a coffee if it tastes like an entirely different thing and is comprised of 90% syrup!

Also, any fabric softener that mimics a fruit has the same effect on me. I prefer a fresh laundry smell on my clothes over wandering around smelling like I’ve just climbed out of whatever fruit bowl I’d fallen into…

• Staying true to my name on here, I can’t see why people make coffee taste like something that isn’t coffee by adding the various syrups and milks available to change the flavour to something else (like a pumpkin, or caramel etc.) whilst still calling it coffee. I say this whilst still firmly believing that people should be able to enjoy whatever drink they wish to, but it just seems odd to call it a coffee if it tastes like an entirely different thing and is comprised of 90% syrup!

Also, any fabric softener that mimics a fruit has the same effect on me. I prefer a fresh laundry smell on my clothes over wandering around smelling like I’ve just climbed out of whatever fruit bowl I’d fallen into…

Children
  • So true - i first observed  flavoured coffees when I moved to UK and they don’t have much in common with coffee. Though last week I tried my first ever sugary dessert type starbucks ‘coffee’ drink (a coffee frappuchino with whipped cream) with the expectation that it was going to be a dessert - it was surprisingly good as a dessert though if i had craved a coffee i would probably have been disappointed. Expectation plays a big part I think.

I also have certain showergel and shampoo smells i dislike (like coconut or berries or apple) but I tend to just buy the cheapest ones - big fan of boots 75p shampoo- it’s very pleasant actually 

• Oh and another thing I found strange recently is the existence of sweet flavoured crisps. That was an overwhelming shock to the senses!