Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents
  • Is this the same one that keeps popping up on people’s posts asking them to talk to them and trying to force you to talk to them in private messages? I’ve got one like that and they only say Hi and nothing else. I’ve seen the username on comment sections all through the community 

• Is this the same one that keeps popping up on people’s posts asking them to talk to them and trying to force you to talk to them in private messages? I’ve got one like that and they only say Hi and nothing else. I’ve seen the username on comment sections all through the community 

Children