Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents
  • The conversations with 'the entity' are so very odd and one-sided, that I wonder if someone is testing out an artificial intelligence construct on us? One designed to gather information on a topic, then create conversations related to the topic - in this case autism? Just a thought.

• It's an interesting theory Martin. If you're right, I'm not so sure I like the idea of us being used as guinea pigs to test out an AI construct.

• Difficult choice here. If it is a very "edge of the bell curve" person who's been speaking to us, then I'd want to be kind, but if there's some script kiddie reading this thread and laughing at us, It would be good to find out, and release the flying monkeys... 

I note that the identity everyone has been talking to has opened a channel of private communication and responded to some of my suggestions, seemingly, and filled in some profile info. But it was proving impossible to open a simple dialogue, even simple questions were just reflected back to me. 

I'm really not sure what is going on. (My default condition for most of life, sadly..)

• Difficult choice here. If it is a very "edge of the bell curve" person who's been speaking to us, then I'd want to be kind, but if there's some script kiddie reading this thread and laughing at us, It would be good to find out, and release the flying monkeys... 

I note that the identity everyone has been talking to has opened a channel of private communication and responded to some of my suggestions, seemingly, and filled in some profile info. But it was proving impossible to open a simple dialogue, even simple questions were just reflected back to me. 

I'm really not sure what is going on. (My default condition for most of life, sadly..)

Children
  • I did notice that the 'identity' had edited one of their posts so that it now includes more information. However, I was unaware that they had done similar with their profile / bio, so thanks for pointing that out.

There is one thing that just does not add up though, which was something that another member had spotted. It relates to the age of the 'identity' and the age of their child.

I know it's not impossible for a female to get pregnant and give birth at a young age. In 1939, there was a girl in Peru that gave birth by caesarian section when she was only 5½ years old. I believe she was 7 months pregnant.

To be honest, it's hard to know what to think.