Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents
  • I can ony see friend requests on the laptop for some reason. I don't add anyone I haven't previously spoken to and don't accept requests off nas number users.  Also posts get started by unnamed users then never get responded to.

• My only means of accessing the internet is via a desktop PC, so I have no idea what the difference is for members that access the site via a mobile phone.

On the topic of NAS number members, I cannot deny that I find it considerably easier to remember and recognise names. I used to think they were people who didn't know or hadn't got around to changing their number to a name, or else were not planning to stick around. However, if there are members that feel more confortable sticking with the NAS assigned number, then what right do I have to judge them for it?

• My only means of accessing the internet is via a desktop PC, so I have no idea what the difference is for members that access the site via a mobile phone.

On the topic of NAS number members, I cannot deny that I find it considerably easier to remember and recognise names. I used to think they were people who didn't know or hadn't got around to changing their number to a name, or else were not planning to stick around. However, if there are members that feel more confortable sticking with the NAS assigned number, then what right do I have to judge them for it?

Children
No Data