Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents
  • Does anyone know how to unfriend someone? I made an error of judgement earlier today (accepting a friend request) and feel uncomfortable with the resulting situation. Stuff isn't adding up (one minute the person has a kid, the next they are at school) and it's weirding me out a bit. I wanted to help, but I'm seeing red flags - could be rampant paranoia, and I'd hate to leave someone genuine who's genuinely (?) isolated and confused feeling  even more so, but nonetehlesss... 

• I am sorry that you found yourself in this situation. Perhaps because of my own past experiences, I find I tend to observe the way members interact on the forum. Depending on my mood, if I think there are red flags and something seems 'off', I'll either do my best to avoid them, or else try to diplomatically voice my concerns.

• We live and learn. I think that’s the magic formula for sure! 

Reply Children
No Data