Do you like Christmas?

I have to admit it's not my fav time of year. I liked it when I was really little because of Santa and presents but now I'm an adult it just makes me anxious. Everything about it causes me anxiety and discomfort. The shops and town become super busy and loud, bright lights are flashing everywhere, it's colder usually, everything gets expensive and family always mix and party which I find very hard to cope with. I just want to hide away for the whole month and come back in January. I know it's not Christmas yet but it's closing in fast and I'm already anxious and dreading it.

Parents
  • I've just had a diagnosis of ASD at 60.  I'm female.

This post really caught my eye.  Everything I've experienced in life is falling into place now with the context of ASD.

I have always hated Christmas for the same reasons as you, and more.

It's easier now as I've told most people I'd rather not buy presents and there is no longer a big family to have to get together with.

I used to hate those family gatherings ...

• I'll second that. I thought I'd never meet another living soul who had similar views on Christmas, and here you all are! Lol

I was diagnosed last November. Among other things, my diagnosis has made sence of my half century of Christmas experience.

• I'll second that. I thought I'd never meet another living soul who had similar views on Christmas, and here you all are! Lol

I was diagnosed last November. Among other things, my diagnosis has made sence of my half century of Christmas experience.

Children
No Data