Do you like Christmas?

I have to admit it's not my fav time of year. I liked it when I was really little because of Santa and presents but now I'm an adult it just makes me anxious. Everything about it causes me anxiety and discomfort. The shops and town become super busy and loud, bright lights are flashing everywhere, it's colder usually, everything gets expensive and family always mix and party which I find very hard to cope with. I just want to hide away for the whole month and come back in January. I know it's not Christmas yet but it's closing in fast and I'm already anxious and dreading it.

Parents
  • I work in a supermarket, where Christmas starts in the middle orf September, and ends in January. I put first products on display on Tuesday 6th September 

For me it's the worst time of year at work, because it's expected to make double cheerful face, and to lie about having amazing Christmas (I can't do that), while my last 3 Christmas I spent alone in bed, battling the thoughts to end it all

Outside there is a lot of extra fake blinking lights that hurts my eyes at night, and makes me nauseated if it's blinking red

At work you're a forced to work extra hours, and last week before Christmas without day off, and if manager isn't thinking about employees and you start before store opens and finish after it closes you won't be able to do any shiopping and you'll starve during christmas, as I did last 2christmas, 

If you have no children you should be allowed to wear a badge ''Christmas exempt''

• I work in a supermarket, where Christmas starts in the middle orf September, and ends in January. I put first products on display on Tuesday 6th September 

For me it's the worst time of year at work, because it's expected to make double cheerful face, and to lie about having amazing Christmas (I can't do that), while my last 3 Christmas I spent alone in bed, battling the thoughts to end it all

Outside there is a lot of extra fake blinking lights that hurts my eyes at night, and makes me nauseated if it's blinking red

At work you're a forced to work extra hours, and last week before Christmas without day off, and if manager isn't thinking about employees and you start before store opens and finish after it closes you won't be able to do any shiopping and you'll starve during christmas, as I did last 2christmas, 

If you have no children you should be allowed to wear a badge ''Christmas exempt''

Children
  • I couldn't cope with that. You should get a medal for making it through Christmas!

I saw in the shop yesterday there's already advent calendars for sale. Crazy it's not even December yet lol.

• aye at delivery place i work at we already are seeing christmas trees coming through and have been since mid august. it does seem around end of august start of september that christmas starts to have a effect on work and the chaos begins.

i still live with parents so i dont need to worry about starving yet, just not sleeping or having any time at home. although with my start times my meal times already have been altered as i start at 12 but set off at 11 meaning i have to have dinner at 10.30 to adjust for work anyway lol which to be fair may actually be beneficial as i make it my big meal of the day and apparently its better to have bigger meals early and it helps keep the weight off and use all the energy of the meal up.