More hurtful to argue with another autistic person than someone who is not?

Hello everyone,

I run a Twitter account for an autism charity and via direct messaging on Twitter, I had a quarrel with another autistic person.

Is it more hurtful to argue with another autistic person than with a person who is neurotypical/allistic? I have the sentiment of we're on the same side and we've got enough difficulties without arguing with one another.

Would like to know the thoughts of others.

• You have to bear in mind that autistic people vary in terms of how their autism affects them, but also their beliefs and way they think or act, and so just sharing autism doesn't mean 100% will agree with you, or them agree with you.

Diverse people, different viewpoints, arguments about anything are bound to happen - present and discuss your ideas/beliefs, and theirs, but once its about trying to enforce who is right or wrong then its best to stop, agree to disagree.

Also, as its twitter, an autistic or even NT person could easily decide to be against you for fun, or even try to take up your day, or take you down from twitter in extreme cases, so best to have/set boundaries that you stick to.