Self Doubt

Does anyone get that feeling where no matter what you do, there’s always something that leads you to self doubt and and feel like you ain’t good enough?

At work, there are 3 of us with important jobs as Forum Representative. I took on the role because I wanted to proves to them that I just an autistic adult that is a nobody. 

sometimes, I’m starting to regret taking that role because I can’t compare myself to the one who does a better job than me and I’m just there trying to take on the challenges and knowledge. Maybe it’s for the best that those sort of things I don’t do and get back just being nothing. 

This is how I feel everyday I go work. 

Parents
  • I could never work out why other people at work could do things so much quicker than me and make it all look so easy. I had beaten myself up for years before I realised that I’m autistic. I sometimes watch other people and they often use a “that will do” attitude. My standard of work is much higher than them but it comes at a cost. I work at my speed and know that having a condition does require some adjustments. I’m not saying autism is an excuse to work slower but it is the reason we work differently, we put a lot more thought into everything we do which does require more energy to maintain. You are you, don’t worry about the herd.

• I could never work out why other people at work could do things so much quicker than me and make it all look so easy. I had beaten myself up for years before I realised that I’m autistic. I sometimes watch other people and they often use a “that will do” attitude. My standard of work is much higher than them but it comes at a cost. I work at my speed and know that having a condition does require some adjustments. I’m not saying autism is an excuse to work slower but it is the reason we work differently, we put a lot more thought into everything we do which does require more energy to maintain. You are you, don’t worry about the herd.

Children
No Data