New mummy to this. Only one that sees ASD traits

Hi all.

I have a 4 year old daughter, nearly 5. In the last year ive noticed some traits my daughter has and i believe she has a form of ASD. I spoke to health visitor. They came out. She interacted with the HV and with us and because of this they do not believe there are any concerns.

From speaking to other mums with confirmed autistic children she is displaying the same traits  and im concerned that everyone else is missing these including teachers, my husband and some other family members. I would really love someones opinion in the ASD world. Her traits-

Didnt like feeling of socks 

Order seamless socks. Didnt work

We stretch her socks every morning

Order bigger sizes

Went through a phase of repetitive finger licking. This has now gone

Does not like school tshirt sleeves - we stretch these every morning

Does not like tight leggings - we stretch these evey morning

Wears shoes that are big for her

Does not like A-line dresses

Emotional outburst

Cuts labels from trousers

She is bright, smart and very interactive in school its more a sensory thing. Any advice is most welcomed x

• Have you read about sensory processing disorder and female ADHD presentation as well? There is an overlap of symptoms with some conditions or you can also have more than one. It can be difficult to diagnose this type of thing in girls especially before puberty, my daughter’s teachers have been alerted to her possibly having adhd by the fact she excels at all the EYFS criteria except self regulation. Has her teacher noticed anything in the classroom that you don’t notice at home? It always surprised me when they said she was quiet at nursery she never stops talking at home