Vaccines

Hi

Hey there I'm hoping somebody can help me out with my question.
Somebody clean for has asked me to be their carer because they are familiar with me.and it saves strangers coming in and out.
I am familiar to care although I've been out the loop for a couple of years.
My question is can you you care for people on a private basis in their own home when you are unvaccinated?
He said he's happy with it but I've asked him to check with his family while I check the legalities of it.
Anyhow I would like to help the family but only if I'm legally obliged to do so.
I really appreciate any help on this.

Parents
  • There’s no legal issue with this - it’s a matter of whether your friend and the family are ok with you not having had the vaccine. I know for a fact that vaccinated people can catch and spread the virus - although are slightly less likely to do so. So even if you were vaccinated you could still spread the virus to your friend who you are thinking of being a carer for. I caught Covid from a vaccinated person - so I know this to be true from experience! 

funnily enough I have been wondering about autistic people and the vaccine - and how they feel about it. I wonder if autistic people might have particular concerns about the vaccine (due to our anxiety issues etc) and might be less likely to have it? 
    it’s an interesting subject I think. 

• There’s no legal issue with this - it’s a matter of whether your friend and the family are ok with you not having had the vaccine. I know for a fact that vaccinated people can catch and spread the virus - although are slightly less likely to do so. So even if you were vaccinated you could still spread the virus to your friend who you are thinking of being a carer for. I caught Covid from a vaccinated person - so I know this to be true from experience! 

funnily enough I have been wondering about autistic people and the vaccine - and how they feel about it. I wonder if autistic people might have particular concerns about the vaccine (due to our anxiety issues etc) and might be less likely to have it? 
    it’s an interesting subject I think. 

Children
  • The anxiety and questioning of everything definitely does not help...maybe you are right and it might make autistic people less likely to have it? I actually finally got my booster today. I had been putting it off as I have been feeling so unwell the past weeks (and haven't seen anyone anyways... so not much incentive).